11 March 2008

yes, mommy slept all morning

this morning i woke up at quarter to ten. now, maddie and noel usually wake me up by seven but today they slept in. well, let me clarify --noel slept in.
when i went to mad's room to wake her up i noticed that her light was already on and i could hear her talking. i opened the door and found her with her pajamas half off and her diaper mostly removed... i'll spare you the details, but yes, she was playing with her poop. it's been a long time since she did this; i really thought she was past this phase. anyway, i put her in the tub, cleaned up the room and then came back into the bathroom to wash my hands and i hear her say to me in a sweet little voice, "did mommy sleep all morning?" and then when i looked at her she tilted her head to the side, gave me that look again and repeated, " did mommy sleep all morning?" i don't know, i guess you had to hear her say it but it cracked me up (of course i couldn't show her my amusement since she was in trouble...). anyway, that's how this day started. just thought i'd share. :)

1 comment:

Keb said...

Oh my heck!!! This cracked me up so much!!! hahahahahahahahaha Maddy is too adorable for words!!! hahahahaha Hope all is well! =D