21 July 2010

Northwest Trek

Last Saturday we went up to visit Northwest Trek, a "zoological facility dedicated exclusively to Northwest wildlife." It was really fun! We got to see all kinds of animals: deer, bears, raccoons, wolves, coyotes, beavers, bald eagles... even buffalo and a moose! Here's a picture of the girls posing in front of a fake moose -but there was a real one we saw... it's just not as easy to pose in front of as this one. ;)
Dame took a turn toting Emma around.
Raylee looks like a pretty serious threat!
This bear was looking right at me, so of course when I went to take a picture he turned away and I got a photo of his "other side" instead.
This raccoon was more cooperative with my photography skills (or lack thereof).
Maddie couldn't believe how cute he was. We usually see them on the side of the road --if you know what I mean --which isn't so cute.
I had Dame pull over so I could get a picture of Mt. Rainier on our way back.
It was a fun day!

No comments: